Weekly phpMyAdmin contributions 2016 – Week11
Last week, I started by looking at some security issues and made fixes for them. The rest of the week was focused on regular bug-fixing and issue assessment.
I worked on the issue to detect wrong ordering of clauses in the queries (#22) while being parsed by the SQL parser. There were some fixes in the main repository, too. The visual query builder used to generate a wrong query in case a foreign key with more than one columns was present between the tables (#12652) and was fixed by #12689.
There was fix (#12685) for an old issue (#12257) with the Table search page being very slow, as we were issuing an extra
COUNT(*) queries (for helping us decide which UI to show) which might be very slow if tables have a large number of rows. It was fixed by implementing a work around for the
COUNT(*) queries to get the necessary information.
I finally got all the tests and assertions to pass with the replacement of
escapeString function of the Database Interface (which in turn calls the inbuilt
mysqli_real_escape_string ) in PR #12564, which also fixed the issue related to corrupted export of SQL (#12453). Some other minor fixes were also made and are listed in the list below.
Next week should be ideally focused on fixing some security issues, bug-fixing and some refactoring if time permits.
* #12695 wrong data shown
* #12691 unnecessary ksort call in PMA_getPlugins function
* #12439 Fix html header for user properties editor
* #12542 Missing table name in account privileges editor
* #12453 exported SQL is corrupted
* #12257 search page very slow
* #12652 Visual query builder fails with foreign keys referencing more than one column
* #12687 decimal(12,2) error – rounds to decimal (12)
* #12681 Symbol $ in table names passed incorrect from “designer” to “table structure editor”
* #12651 Enter key on grid editor date field
* #12674 Unable to rename tables that start with a period
* #12684 ENUM (‘Y’,’N’)
* #22 switched WHERE and LIMIT not detected