Weekly phpMyAdmin contributions 2016 – Week10
Last week was slightly calmer on the work side, since I fell ill once I got back to campus. But during the later part of the week, I worked on getting the tests to work in the old PR that was originally made to replace the custom escape functions by the escape functions like
mysqli_real_escape_string provided by the PHP-MySQL connectors. This is being tracked at PR #12564 and once merged, it would also fix the issue #12453.
Meanwhile I have made some PRs (#12678, #12683) which once merged would go on to fix #12674 (which is about preventing incorrect identifiers as table names and database names) and #12681 (which is about incorrect link to table structure if table name contains
This week I also took out some time to refactor a small Language selection display and converted it into a template. Also, quite a lot of commits are being made in the PR #12564 itself, since a lot of tests have to be fixed. Along with this, some time was spent on
Next week I would continue to look at the bug-fixing and might also look at some security issues if the time permits.
* #12680 No bind for enum values while edit table structure
* #12679 Value fields contain .php files instead of the raw value
* #12670 not bug but idea: upgrade from within phpMyAdmin
* #12671 Your Stable 4.6.4 version of phpmyadmin got a bug with enum table creation