Weekly phpMyAdmin contributions 2016 – Week6
The last week started with some fixes for the recently raised security issues. As I am slightly new to the security fixes, the team would be reviewing those fixes, accepting them and/or suggesting changes.
Along with the security work, normal bug-fixing work was also on its schedule. I took up issue assessment and tried to reproduce and classify (using the Github tracker labels) the open issues which were not yet replied-to or were unlabeled yet. This would help the developers to actually keep track of any remaining important issue which might have been lingering due to it being missed the first time it was raised.
A bug in exporting of results of UNION and JOIN queries was fixed and it should work without any errors. The problem was mainly because some queries might actually not have the FROM clause, but we were running the alias replacement code for each and every query without making sure if the FROM clause actually exists or not.
Some time was spent on working towards the PR #12564 which is regarding replacing the custom escaping function with the MySQLi connector provided mysqli_real_escape_string. It has a lot of changes involved and almost every other test has to be modified a bit. Hopefully, I would be done with it by the end of this week.
Next week might focus again on bug-fixing, some issue assessment of remaining unattended issues and some refactoring.
* #12624 “Continue Insertion with … Rows” copies content from last row
* #12623 Creating Table with Decimal only honors first value
* #12620 Error 500 click on any table to view data
* #12621 Bug with Decimal Columns
* #12619 Unable to export csv when using union select
* #12362 prefs_manage.php can leave an orphaned temporary file
* #12618 bug in 4.6.4: wrong “Preview SQL”
* #12569 Import.php throws error message twice on the screen
* #12440 Fix #12419 wrong description on GRANT option of table/routine privileges
* #12613 Precision is ignored for any field type
* #12179 saving a bookmark with several queries produces one entry per query in pma__bookmarks
* #12327 Create PHP code no longer works
* #12455 Query history stores separate entry for every letter typed
* #12612 Test failure since update to SQL parser 3.4.9
* #12080 Parse error using subquery in from list
* #12316 Exporting with JOIN removes everything between FROM and WHERE
* #11740 DELETE … USING
* #12100 SQL parser doesn’t understand CASE operator
* #12602 Wrong privileges grant on wildcard name for new user (missing escaping)
* #12189 Count for result is wrong when joining and outputting from only 1 table
* #91 Syntax error in ‘Discoverying query type’ example (missing semicolon)