Weekly phpMyAdmin contributions 2016 – Week5
Even though the list of handled issues seems a bit smaller for this week, the week was in no way less intensive than the previous ones. A large number of issues namely #12455, #12569, #12179, #12327, #12316, #12080, #11740, sql-parser’s #52 are in queue to be fixed along with the ones reported below which are already fixed.
A major breakthrough for this week’s parser activity was that the SQL parser would now (once the PR #90 is merged) be able to parse the queries which have sub-queries in the FROM clause. This had been a long-standing bug in the parser and had been reported multiple times both in the main repository’s as well as SQL parser’s tracker.
The parsing for CASE expressions in SELECT statements and for various forms of the DELETE statement would also be added once #88 and #87 are merged. An issue with wrong replacement and then building of a SQL statement that did not have FROM clause at all was causing a problem while exporting results of such a statement and was fixed.
Next week might divide the focus between some security issues, regular bug-fixing and I might take up some refactoring if the time permits.
* #12189 Count for result is wrong when joining and outputting from only 1 table
* #12609 LIMIT and OFFSET don’t work with JOIN statement
* #12600 Error after creating ENUM fielda
* #12579 phpMyAdmin’s export of a Select statment without a FROM clause generates Wrong SQL
* #12404 Remove collation options
* #12589 BUG: wrong SQL generated for DECIMAL field length