GSoC 2015 : Weekly Report #4 : RFE #701, #RFE1359 & RFE#726
RFE #701 : Print View using CSS
Tasks worked upon:
Scheduled Deadline: 21st June, 2015
Completed on: 2nd June, 2015
1. The description about RFE #701 can be found here (my previous post) .
2. The RFE#1359 mentions that we should provide a better way to navigate through multiple cells in the JS Grid editor on sql.php. phpMyAdmin already provides such an implementation of navigation on tbl_change.php etc. to move across various text fields/ areas.
I first implemented this RFE and provided a way using CTRL + Arrow keys. But my mentor, Isaac, pointed out a very important missing feature in the implementation. CTRL key, being used for some other functionality in Safaris and Macs, was not able to be used for navigation for those users. So, we decided to provide a feature of using Options Key + Arrow Keys for these users.
3. The description of RFE#726 can be found here . We made slight progress over this feature’s decision. Hopefully, we will meet a consensus and complete its implementation in next week.
The discussion on the PR can be found here.
Implemented with: 1. RFE#701-  and 2. RFE#1359 – 
Also some small errors in RFE#701’s implementation were later fixed in  & .
1. PDF of ‘Print View’ of Table Structure (tbl_structure.php) – here.
2. PDF of ‘Print View’ of Table Browser (sql.php)- here.
3. PDF of ‘Print View’ of Database Structure (db_structure.php) – here.
Key Tasks stalled: RFE#726 : We are still in the process of finalising where to include this feature exactly. Any help/ suggestions are welcome on the PR .
Tasks for upcoming week: Completing RFE#726 and starting with RFE#1163